total time in link - means what?

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 15:06:11 PST 2000

( Mit, 08 Nov 2000 ) Ainsley Pereira <-- :
> > /usr/local/bin/ld: total time in link: 0.660000
> > /usr/local/bin/ld: data size 1744116
>
> Total time in link is the time taken to combine the compiled object files (in
> seconds) into an executable.
> Data size is (I think) the size of the data segment (an ELF file will have
> several segments, including one for the actual code, and one for data used by
> the code, such as constant strings etc).
> I suggest poking around for docs in the binutils package for more info.

That's where I looked first, but as said I could not combine any part of
the text to refer somehow to the line.
What made me missunderstand was this "in link" and that going via stderr,
if it was "for linking" I could have understood.

Thank you, cp info.this /head/side/right/lfs.db ;-)
Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org