Installing lfs on same partition as linux system.

fred anger anger at rightarm.org
Thu Nov 9 12:28:01 PST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Florin Boariu wrote:
> 2) You'll need some fantasy in order to untar the system on the target
> machine if that machine does not already have an OS. But it's doable, for
> example with a mini-linux bootdisk (tomsrtbt, alfalinux etc) and an
> FTP-Connection to the laptop.

Or take the disk out and plug it into the development machine.  I'm doing
something similar and that's what I have to do.  It's quicker than the
net ;)

> 3) Try not to optimize the code for a Pentium. Configure-scripts are
> likely to build the makefiles that way if you don't specify any
> options. Use --host=i486-linux-gnu, that should work (shouldn't it?)

I think --host=i486-pc-linux-gnu is correct.  That's what I'm using...

If I ever get this thing to build and boot, I'll post my results to the
list...

(I feel another post comming on)

-fa

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org