[Re: Can't compile bash.]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Fri Nov 10 11:15:47 PST 2000

I'd like to suggest a particular organization for the FAQ though.  Instead of
doing specific questions I would recommend breaking it up into specific
sections (e.g. bash, binutils...) so that we could embed a link in each
section to that problems section and thus eliminate people asking questions
because they aren't very good at searching FAQ's (I have that problem at times
myself) It would also be easir to reference I believe.  I have been
concidering doing this for some time but I just don't have the time yet.

Corey Cox.

"Thomas 'Balu' Walter" <tw at itreff.de> wrote:
+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[10.11.00 16:42]:

> > Hi, I tried compiling bash as a static binary and during the make
> > process I get.
> > ld can not find -lcurses.
> > Seems to be with the --with-curses option. This is a debian 2.2
> > system. Anyone have this problem before?
>
> create the /usr/lib/libcurses.a symlink that points to
> /usr/lib/libncurses.a

And search the mailinglist-archives...

Gerard, we need a FAQ-Section :)

     Ba--lu
        ^ uh - someone has stolen the "sig" there...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org