[Re: starting out]

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Nov 10 20:46:07 PST 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:39:12PM -0700, Corey Cox wrote:
> Can someone give a definitve answer as to wether bash support sthe
> --with-ncurses switch or is it just ignoring it?  In the past I have seen
> answers like this and also those stating that you need to make a link of
> libcurses to libncurses.  Does anyone know?

There is always more then one way of fixing a problem =)

--with-curses is what the book i using right now, but if your curses
libraries are not setup (or like systems today, not symbolicly linked to
other libaries like ncurses) it isn't going to work, so you can either
use --with-ncurses or you can create the link, whichever you prefer.

Usually it's the distro's fault, as there is no libcurses.a link to
libncurses.a (.a libraries are for static linking) when they do it for
dynamic.

Pick whichever you want to go with, bough will work.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org