[Re: starting out]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Fri Nov 10 21:39:12 PST 2000

Can someone give a definitve answer as to wether bash support sthe
--with-ncurses switch or is it just ignoring it?  In the past I have seen
answers like this and also those stating that you need to make a link of
libcurses to libncurses.  Does anyone know?

Corey Cox.

"J.A. Neitzel" <jan.listbox at belvento.org> wrote:
On Friday 10 November 2000 20:09, dmetruck (Mark) wrote:
> >   While compiling bash, i got the following error message. I erased
> > the bash file and unzipped it again, and the same thing happened
> > again.
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lcurses: no such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Mark, where the book says,
"./configure --enable-static-link ... --with-curses", change
"--with-curses" to "--with-ncurses".

Continue from there as in the book and should be fine for a happy, static
bash!
--
Regards,
Jeff