glibc configure error

dmetruck dmetruck at mediaone.net
Sun Nov 12 11:34:00 PST 2000

dmetruck wrote:

> > while running configure for glibc I got the error message:
>
> checking installed Linux kernel files... TOO OLD!
> configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
> Linuxd 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
> The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
> /usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
> Linux  2.0.10 or later. This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
> make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
> files. To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
> configure option --with-headers.
>
> I checked the $LFS/usr/include and it has several files ending in .h in it. I
> also checked the version of linux that I had downloaded and it is 2.2.17.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> --

I seem to have figured out a way around this, but I am wondering if there is a
problem that I have not fixed, perhaps with a link or file, or if I am going to
cause myself more problems down the line. What I did is the follwing. I changed:

--with-headers=$LFS/usr/include &&

--with-headers=$LFS/usr/src/linux/include &&

Can anyone tell me if this will work in the long run? Right now glibc seems to
be happily and endlessly compiling.

Thanks,

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org