Problem with userid.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 13 16:03:58 PST 2000

> The other problem is not so critical, but anyhow... When booting up my lfs
> the system logger hangs for some minutes and fails to start. The kernel
> logger starts without problems.

Actually it is critical for a normal operation of your system.

Try copying the libnss files from your starting distribution to $LFS/lib like
the book describes to do when you start with a Glibc-2.0 system. It sometimes
fixes it evne if you didn't start with a distro that uses glibc-2.0

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org