Glibc 2.2

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 03:31:04 PST 2000

Misquoted from Gerard Beekmans on Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:05:37AM -0500:

> edit dircolors.c, go to link 40, comment out that link containing strndup

That fixed fileutils. There was a problem building lilo which I have
skipped for now. Using the host's lilo, the new OS booted up ok.
A bit of carelessness on my part meant that it was an old kernel -
not the one compiled with the experimental gcc. The next reboot
should be more interesting...

My extra software did quite well:

SVGATextMode gdbm      gmp        librep   zlib
libpng       libungif  libjpeg    tiff     libPropList
readline     w3c-lib   ImageMagic ipchains grub
bc           gdb       cvs        reiserfs doctools

All compiled without problems. The only failures so far are gpm and X
Here is the X post mortem:

../config/imake/imake -I./config/cf  -s ./config/makedepend/Makefile.proto -f ./config/makedepend/Imakefile -DTOPDIR=../.. -DCURDIR=./config/makedepend
cc1: -: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [config/makedepend/Makefile.proto] Aborted
make[1]: *** Deleting file `config/makedepend/Makefile.proto'
make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2
make -f xmakefile install
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/xc'
make[1]: xmakefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target akefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/xc'
make: *** [install] Error 2
make -f xmakefile install.man
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/xc'
make[1]: xmakefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target akefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/xc'
make: *** [install.man] Error 2

Any ideas?
Richard