Fwd: silly man pages

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 15 07:54:06 PST 2000

Wowa Thinus, lfs-discuss at fist.org? That address hasn't been used for very
very long time, almost a year ago.....still in your address book somewhere?

Subject: silly man pages
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:26:13 +0200
From: "Thinus Pollard" <thinusp at olienhout.org.za>
To: <lfs-discuss at fist.org>

after installing X (and yes, it works, kinda ;) ) i'm getting strange errors
with man, but it seems to affect only the X man pages. All the pages that
was installed with X (i think) first gives me a error about f-something
can't find the file and then a man error telling me the page is not
available. the affected pages seems to have a .[number]x extension, all the
others works like a charm.

and secondly: Can anybody please direct me to a place where i can find out
how to setup my startx script to start x with KDE 2.0 (no problems there,
thanx to the wonderfull X11guide) and what needs to be done to be able to
boot into the GUI?

Thank you

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org

www.linuxfromscratch.org