some more glibc stuff ;)

Thinus Pollard thinusp at olienhout.org.za
Wed Nov 15 15:30:20 PST 2000

on the same subject, (almost ;) )

i install glibc and going through my (newly created) logs (of which i'm
pretty proud of seeing as they are created with a few scripts -- my first
thank you) i see that during the configure, right after it checks for
makeinfo, it declares that some packages can't be found and not all of glibs
will be compiled, refering me to INSTALL. After visiting this file i
discovered that my base SuSE system doesn't have gettext and texinfo
installed. It never had, and LFS worked just fine.

2 questions arise:

1. is this critical, do i have to recompile glibc (pre-chroot) after adding
those packages to SuSE?

2. will it be OK to recompile glibc after you've chrooted (even rebooted)
after all other packages (including your versions of gettext and texinfo)
are installed, or do you need those libs in the state that they are after
you've linked everything to them?

Thanx

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org