init and killscripts runlevel 0 & 6

Donnie Roos dr at kaneda.demon.nl
Thu Nov 16 08:21:10 PST 2000

At 08:47 AM 11/16/00 -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

<snip explanation on sendsignals script>

>I'm actually thinking about patching sysvinit not to send those signals
>and create a script to send those signals. What if you don't want to
>send TERM but something else. sendsignals is easier to modify than
>recompiling sysvinit every time you wan to make that change.

I think it would be better to first run the scripts for runlevel
and than send the TERM & KILL signals. I makes more sense to me
fisrt running the 'cleanup' scripts for a runlevel and than terminate
any remaining processes by sending TERM & KILL

Hmmm, maybe I should put it on my todo list. I'll see if I can make
some time for this.

Donnie Roos

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org