glibc---again

Thinus Pollard thinusp at olienhout.org.za
Thu Nov 16 08:37:02 PST 2000

When i compiled glibc everything *seemed* to be OK.... i noticed the book
mention something about a patch for glibc concerning illegal char 45 or
something. The glibc compile *doesn't* fail if this error crops up. Maybe
this should be mentioned in the book?

After compiling glibc from within LFS i noticed the error in my logs. so i
patched the source and recompiled -- only this time it took almost 10
minutes longer to compile (+-35 minutes vs 25 for unpatched source)

Does this mean that glibc is broken if you don't patch it? cause my previous
system ran just fine that way

just wondering

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org