glibc---again

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 16 12:23:37 PST 2000

> When i compiled glibc everything *seemed* to be OK.... i noticed the book
> mention something about a patch for glibc concerning illegal char 45 or
> something. The glibc compile *doesn't* fail if this error crops up. Maybe
> this should be mentioned in the book?

And the book should mention what the patches do. After all, LFS is about
understanding your system. What exactly is the above bug about anyway? Is
it bash related? I ask because I got that message when doing a make check
using bash 2.04 instead of my normal 2.03.

MSB

----
An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world.
A pessimist fears that this is true.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org