SBLive

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Nov 17 05:26:11 PST 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:25:34AM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> The emu10k1 module that comes with the 2.4 kernels uses about 1.5% of the
> CPU when runing mpg123.  When I used the ALSA drivers I only saw a usage
> around 0.2% of the CPU (Athlon 600 on an ABIT KA7-100).  Also, if I was
> compiling software (i.e. LFS), I got occasional clicks and gaps when using
> the default kernel drivers.  I can run multiple compiles and not notice any
> decrease in audio output with the ALSA drivers.  I think that makes a damn
> good plug for ALSA if you ask me :)

Sure, i don't disagree with you, the ALSA drivers do seem better then
the default drivers.

But that isn't what i was talking about, i personally don't care of the
it uses and extra 1.3% CPU (I have lots of extra cycles anyways) what i
do care is it's easy to setup w/o having to install anything more.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org