keyboard blues

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 06:23:04 PST 2000

On Friday 17 November 2000 11:44, you wrote:
> how do i get my tty's to recognise my Natural Keyboard's del key to delete
> chars from the right of the cursor? It seems to work fine in pico, and it
> worked under SuSE. i even tried to load the us keymap with the loadkeys
> script and nuffin!!
>
> Thanx
you can change this behaviour in the ~/.inputrc or /etc/inputrc,
be sure to have an export INPUTRC=~/.inputrc  or /etc/inputrc in your
/etc/profile.

to find out about the keycodes, type sendkey

more information about this topic:

info bash (node Command Line Editing), man sendkey.

here is my inputrc, just to give you an idea how it works

# File /etc/inputrc - Configures Bash's comand line editing

set bell-style none
set completion-ignore-case on

set meta-flag on
set output-meta on