typos

Arendt sl928ar at uni-duisburg.de
Sun Nov 19 04:45:12 PST 2000

In Chapter 6 you write:

"In the next section we'll create the $LFS/root/.bash_profile that will
contain the following optimization:

      CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=xxx -march=xxx"
      CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

This is a minimal set of optimizations that ensures it works"

Unfortunately, as you can see, there is no "yyy"-mark. As i read, it is
described later on, but I think, you should fix it here too, as it may cause confusion.

There are two typos at the beginning of the book, which you may want to
fix:

Change: "This book is devided into the following parts." to "This book is
d_i_vided into the following parts." in "preface"

Change "You will safe yourself a lot of trouble" to "You will sa_v_e
yourself a lot of trouble" in Chaper 1. Introduction.

Moreover (but this is maybe my fault, because I just oversaw something)  I
think that you do not mention, that all files have to be decompressed
directly from the $LFS/usr/src-directory. I decompressed them from
$LFS/usr/src/packages which caused (minor) confusion, when configuring
gcc, as in your instructions you assumed, I would have decompressed
everything to $LFS/usr/src.

However, this is _great_ work! I enjoyed building my system so much! Thank
you, and I hope, I could help you to improve the project just a little
bit.

Greetings from Duesseldorf, Germany,

Wolfgang Arendt

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org