init and killscripts runlevel 0 & 6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 20 06:54:32 PST 2000

On November 20, 2000 07:45 am, you wrote:
> I have been looking through the code of 'init' yesterday and today
> and have come to the following conclusion.
>
> The TERM & KILL signals are only send to the processes that are
> started by 'init' (agetty). These signals are _not_ send to all
> processes that are running.
>
> I got confused by the message "Sending processes the TERM signal"
> as I concluded from this message that 'init' sends all processes
> the TERM (and KILL) signal.

As did everybody else.

I'll patch a patch together that changes that sentence from init to something
that makes more sense like "Sending init started process the TERM signal" or
with better English and grammer "Sending processes started by 'init' the TERM
signal" and ditto for "sending the KILL signal"

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org