mailinglists ...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 20 07:03:34 PST 2000

On November 19, 2000 09:18 pm, you wrote:
> Tijmen Stam wrote:
> > Is it possible that, in the subject of the mailinglists, the word
> > [lfs-discuss] (or linux, or whatever, including the square brackets)
> > is included? it makes it a lot easyer for my mail filter to autodirect
> > them to a separate container...
>
> I second this. I find it preferable even when filtering with procmail.

We have discussed this before. The general concensus was that most people
didn't like the subject tags (including me) and we also think that any email
client worth being called a client (or delivery agent like procmail) should
be able to filter on the "from " header which always contains:
listname-owner at linuxfromscratch.org

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org