mailinglists ...

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 20 10:55:16 PST 2000

In message <0011201003340E.00363 at gwaihir>

> We have discussed this before. The general concensus was that most people
> didn't like the subject tags (including me) and we also think that any email
> client worth being called a client (or delivery agent like procmail) should
> be able to filter on the "from " header which always contains:
> listname-owner at linuxfromscratch.org

Err, don't you mean the "Sender: " header? From has the name of the poster.
(But what would I know? I filter on the Envelope-To: header 'cos I have a
different address for me for every list :)

~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org