checkinstall 1.0

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Tue Nov 21 11:53:45 PST 2000

At 12:30 AM 11/21/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Have you read my proposal about using package-users when installing
>packages. Every package would be owned by a certain user. All those users
>belong to the install group which has write access to /bin,...  with the
>sticky bit set.  This does not only have the advantage of you knowing
>every file installed with a package, it's also a lot safer than installing
>as root.

No, I had not. Sounds interesting and I look forward to the LFS Hint.

I did some more searching and found the source file
installwatch-0.5.5.tar.gz on [ packet storm ]
(http://packetstorm.securify.com/UNIX/audit/indexdate.shtml)

". . . a wrapper for system calls" # installwatch make install  ". . . logs
by default using syslog . . . log format . . . ugly . . . designed to be
easily (parsed)" Anyway, I am going to play with it and see if it helps or
hinders.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org