modutils-2.3.20: shift/reduce conflicts

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Tue Nov 21 12:30:52 PST 2000

Would anyone please tell me if my error reading
in this case is correct this way:

make messages (abreviated):
----------------------
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.20/genksyms'
gcc ... genksyms.o genksyms.c
expect 6 shift/reduce conflicts and 5 reduce/reduce conflicts.
bison -o parse.c -dtv parse.y
parse.y contains 6 shift/reduce conflicts and 5 reduce/reduce conflicts.
gcc ... parse.o parse.c
/usr/share/bison/bison.simple: In function `yyparse':
/usr/share/bison/bison.simple:361: warning: implicit declaration of function `free'
make[1]: Leaving ...
----------------------

1. as usual forget warning
2. expect 6 shift/reduce conflicts ...
-. means be prepared this will happen
3. parse.y contains 6 shift/reduce conflicts ...
-. means yep, we expected that
4. so exactly what we expect is happening and we will remember it
-. means all ok

Thanks
Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org