LFS-2.4.3 released - some important notes

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Nov 21 16:55:27 PST 2000

Yo,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:45:36PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Due to time restraints I have not made available a PPC version. PPC should be
> back with LFS-2.4.4.

Jesse *can't remenber his last name* volunteer to maintain the PPC
port, didn't he? or did that never happen? id start to get worried about
releasing a PPC port, considering it hasn't been updated in a while...

Anyone got a PPC there willing to donate to LFS Development? ;) (or for
that matter an Alpha or Netwinder/ARM *drools, i can wish, can't i*)

> I haven't had the time to test the new packages that are present so LFS-2.4.3
> still uses the same packages which were used in LFS-2.4.2. I know others have
> tested newer packages but those mails have slipped my attention (especially
> because I planned on trying out new packages but things came up and I
> couldn't find those emails that quick anymore).

tsk'tsk... wanna start a list of new updates that have been updated?
(yaya, LFS InfoSys, but it ain't working yet) i'll be doing at least one
box with new pakcages, i'll post a note to the list this time ;)

> So you're encouraged to try out the newest versions (the download locations
> of the packages are listed in AppendixC as usual) and let me know. This time
> I will make sure I will save those emails just in case.

It's good to see people.redhat.com ftp's server is finally working
again.

> The boot scripts explanations have not been added. Again, time didn't permit
> me. It's waiting for LFS-2.4.4.
>
> Have fun and I'm awaiting bug reports.

Balu is gona have some fun tonight me thinks ;o)

*claps* Good job, yet again..whee..i smell an LFS-2.4.3 system
brewing...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org