bash --with-ncurses

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 05:44:01 PST 2000

I've looked at the docs, I've looked at ./configure --help and I've looked
at the ./configure source code itself. There is no such switch as
--with-ncurses in bash's configure. The switch is called --with-curses.
--with-ncurses is not even available as an alias. The LFS book could just
as well say to compile using --with-foo and it would work just the same
because --with-curses seems to be the default on a normal GNU/Linux
system. You can leave it out and bash will be linked against ncurses just
the same.

MSB

----
An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world.
A pessimist fears that this is true.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org