ldconfig can't stat .2

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Fri Nov 24 08:42:58 PST 2000

scott thomason wrote:

> I found the answer/patch here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-glibc&m=97484001806738&w=2

This patch really solves the problem. Thanks !
As a side note, results of this rebuild of glibc-2.2 made me nervous.
Sizes of most executables are slightly different than these I already have.
The only real difference between the two builds is,
pgcc I used to build gcc-2.2 for the first time was built itself w/o
optimization.
WTF ??? The logic implemented in the code generator cannot change
depending on optimization this code generator was built with.
And because of "make bootstrap" this guy rebuilt himself one more time.
"Miracles" like this is often the treat of a crummy software.

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org