E2fsprogs --with-root-prefix

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Fri Nov 24 15:18:29 PST 2000

> Matthias Benkmann wrote:
>
> > What's the purpose of --with-root-prefix=  in the E2fsprogs installation?
> > Which programs' install locations are changed and what's wrong with
> > installing them in /usr?
>
> Nothing is wrong, actually. --prefix and --with-root-prefix are just about
> different things.

[snip]

I misphrased my question. I don't ask why the option is useful in certain
situations. I want to know why the LFS installation uses it during the
installtion inside chroot. I left it out and I'm content with the install
locations nonetheless.

MSB

----
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago -

The second best is now!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org