Problem with libtool

Markus Wutzke wutzkem at gmx.de
Sat Nov 25 01:31:17 PST 2000

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> No, it's a problem with the 'file' program. Often this error also indicates
> that the program is missing. Did you install it? Try something like this:
> /usr/bin/file /bin/ls

Yes, I installed it.

> the output should look like:
> gerard:~$ /usr/bin/file /bin/ls
> /bin/ls: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically
> linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

My output looks like this:

#/usr/bin/file /bin/ls
/bin/ls: symbolic link to ../usr/dist/fileutils-4.0/bin/ls

That`s because I like to know where all the files come from,
so I install everything in the directory /usr/dist/<programname>/
and afterwards link the directory structure to /usr.

I think that`s why I get the error messages.

Thanks,
Markus

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org