Sh-utils problem with mv

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Sat Nov 25 15:34:16 PST 2000

> > and the stuff overwrites your normal system. Besides, once chroot comes
> > into play it can be very confusing, especially if you have several xterms
> > open with some of them chrooted and some of them not.
>
> i use to change the bash prompt to "[CHROOT][\w]# " in the chrooted
> environment... helps ;-)

I tend to overlook details. At university I regularly ask people next to
me which computer I'm sitting at, when my prompt is  user at host:/dir/
When I'm doing an LFS install late in the evening, a prompt is certainly
not enough to keep me from making mistakes. Not working as root is
definitely the safest way to go.

MSB

----
A psychologist is a man who watches everyone else when a beautiful
girl enters the room.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org