nasty X crashes

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Sat Nov 25 16:11:45 PST 2000

> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 12:30:15AM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > And the other way around, is there anyone who has successfully built LFS
> > under X past the installation of shadowpwd?
>
> I have, and i know that it is Gerard's preferred way of doing it ;)

But have you used any of the programs installed by shadowpwd? I think the
normal way of doing things is to be root from the beginning of chroot to
the edn and to not even have any other user to su to. It would be very
interesting if someone here could try using the shadowpwd su in chroot
while running X on the host system to see if the problem is normal.

MSB

----
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just
1-1/2 tons.

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org