glibc configparms file unnecessary

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 00:44:26 PST 2000

( Son, 26 Nov 2000 ) Sergey Ostrovsky <-- :
> I think that using 'configparm' file while unnecessary has the useful side
> effect.
> It shows this very specific to glibc way to configure the package.
> I, for instance principally do not have links /usr/share/man->/usr/man,
> /usr/share/info->/usr/info and such.
> To do such a customization, you'd need to use 'configparm' file
> and put a line 'infodir=/usr/share/info'.
> And certainly, there are other parameters you might change this way.

Besides that (I also use it with a lot of definitions) I understood the
reason for the configparms to be there like this:
This is the special for the glibc stuff. And if you have other add ons
(ncurses for example can be add on to glibc) which need a different
definition this will be handled be the configure script.
Example: glibc man pages to /usr/man/glibc and ncusres one /usr/man1
The glibc man pages are set in configparms and ncurses in configure.
Or am I wrong?

Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org