glibc configparms file unnecessary

James Green jim at vardus.net
Mon Nov 27 06:19:56 PST 2000

Errmm....

I encountered a compilation error with gcc in chroot build. After tearing a
lot of hair out, losing sleep, etc. I discovered that configparms is spelt
configparms, not configparams. If you don't include configparms when
building glibc for lfs, it *does* install glibc in the wrong place and
subsequently you can't build dynamic binaries in the chroot stage.

This experience confuses me to what exactly you are arguing about. Have you
tried building a LFS without configparms?

James