glibc configparms file unnecessary

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 27 12:04:43 PST 2000

> This experience confuses me to what exactly you are arguing about. Have you
> tried building a LFS without configparms?

I have and that's why configparms is in the book. The Glibc FAQ says you
don't have to do so on Linux. True. But the FAQ and the actual outcome of
'make install' contradict eachother. Call it a bug in the make install phase
if you will. Or perhaps because install_root=$LFS is being used it cancels
out that "if prefix is set to /usr than slibdir and sysconfdir will be set to
/lib and /etc respectively"

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org