problems compiling KDELIBS-2.0 on LFS 2.4.2

Thinus Pollard thinusp at olienhout.org.za
Tue Nov 28 02:39:32 PST 2000

The thing that's so cool about KDE2 is that it is becoming a kind of
standard. The main problem with GUI user applications under Linux is the
massive array of WM's out there. This is both a good and bad thing. Good
competition and bad if you want to write an app, for which WM, using what
toolkit? If now for instance, can be a common interface to write apps for X
which will work on all WM's, then we should see some explosion of apps for X
that *will* pull ppl away form Windows and give Linux a shooting chance at
the desktop market.

And the fact that (IIRC) that Inprise has chosen KDE to write Kylix for ;)