rc scripts in /etc/rc.d

Tijmen Stam tijmen at stamadvies.nl
Tue Nov 28 08:53:59 PST 2000

Hi

I think it's a little messy to have rc[0123456S].d and init.d in the
/etc dir... is there any argument against making a dir etc/rd.d/ (or
just rc) and all moving it to there (in wich case i should edit inittab
and all init.d/* to the new directory...)
BTW what does the .d in rc*.d stand for?

Tijmen

--
>From Tijmen Stam - "I believe in Linux" - tijmen at stamadvies.nl
POVray page http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/somepage/ Last update: 2000-11-23
count linux @ counter.li.org reg#178552, Machine#78930 & #78931

Everyone calling himself a linux master should have completely read the Bash
man page and all kernel documentation, as a test to prove himself and to free
some bandwith on comp.os.linux.* ( Honestly, I haven't done this all yet )-: