Kernel upgrade

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Nov 28 11:26:12 PST 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 04:46:21PM +0100, Tijmen Stam wrote:
> I have now a working LFS with kernel 2.2.17, but I heard from a friend
> 2.4 is way faster, (but maybe that's because he has a cyrix), but I
> wanna try anyway. Are there any things that might need recompileng
> (exept for the kernel itself) and does anyone know about the stability
> of 2.4.0test, is it worth it or should I wait a while keeping in mind
> that a stable system is more value to me than a fast system (it's a
> server, so it won't reboot often anyway...),

If this is a server (aka a production machine) don't upgrade to 2.4.0
yet, imho it is not ready.

It is still in heavy development and there still are quite a few small
details that will annoy the hell out of some ppl :)

If it's working and stable with 2.2.17 i would not bother, unless you
want to experiment, don't fix something that isn't broken ;)

That is, imho...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org