kmod: failed to exec modprobe?

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Tue Nov 28 22:50:08 PST 2000

( Die, 28 Nov 2000 ) Tijmen Stam <-- :
<quote>
kmod reads the location of modprobe from/proc/sys/kernel/modprobe (I thought), and it tells /sbin/modprobe, while it's
really in /usr/modprobe. So in the next LFS shoud be menthione either
- echo "/usr//sbin/modprobe" > /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe  (this should happen
everytime at boot time, before any other progs
or
cd /sbin && ln -s ../usr/sbin/modprobe modprobe (needs to be done once, thus is
way simpler!)
</quote>

No, something went wrong with your modutils.
All its files should be in /sbin and not in /usr/bin.

As a matter of my exprience I would guess you did not do like
the book said, right?

Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org