mailinglists ...

Tijmen Stam tijmen at stamadvies.nl
Wed Nov 29 09:06:17 PST 2000

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> So it comes down to:
> 1) I can make the change for the better for some people, for the worse for
> others
> 2) I can leave it as it is for the better of some people, for the worse for
> others

true...

But as LFS isn't democratic anyway... :-) (never bite the dictator!)

> There is a third option:
> 3) Hack Listar and invent a custom header. Call it:

> </snip>Looking back on that I think the dedicated LFS email header is the most

> elegant solution. Would anybody disagree and can that person a good reason
> not to invent the X-LFS-Mailinglist: header? If not I'll work on it tomorrow
> and see if Listar can be pursuaded to start sending the tag.

No problems with it (though I don't get the technical stuff... )

But I didn't realise the uglyness of the [lfs-discuss]... It's really ugly
indeed.
Of course, there's one completely independent thing we can filter on, being:

> --

the unsubsrcibe tag...

But I don't know if all progs can filter on a part of the mesage body...

Tijmen

--
>From Tijmen Stam - "I believe in Linux" - tijmen at stamadvies.nl
POVray page http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/somepage/ Last update: 2000-11-23
count linux @ counter.li.org reg#178552, Machine#78930 & #78931

Everyone calling himself a linux master should have completely read the Bash
man page and all kernel documentation, as a test to prove himself and to free
some bandwith on comp.os.linux.* ( Honestly, I haven't done this all yet )-: