BUGTRAQ alert - [SECURITY] [DSA-001-1] ed symlink attack

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 29 15:31:33 PST 2000

> Then of course you could remove vim as well, couldn't you? I'd rather see
> other editors added as alternatives instead of advocating "the one and
> only true Unix editor vim".

I could but I won't. Fact is you want an editor. You even need one to make
changes to packages before you compile them (sed won't always do). So the
choice is what will the book install: vim or pico or joe or emacs or nano or
others? Here I pull rank and just pick one that I like which happens to be
vim. No discussion, no flame wars about it. Easy as that.

No offence intended to anybody.

> I am Pentium of Borg. Precision is futile.
> Prepare to be approximated!

;o) Cute gotto remember that one

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org