BUGTRAQ alert - [SECURITY] [DSA-001-1] ed symlink attack

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 16:11:22 PST 2000

1

> Ok that's a different issue. I thought you proposed to replace vim by
> something else just because you didn't like vim (don't take this as an attack
> or imply you're 'weird or stupid' for not liking vim).
>
> Listing alternative choices is a good idea in itself. But if you start with
> listing alternatives for an editor you end up listing alternatives for
> compilers too. And gawk/awk. And I'm sure there are more of such packages

No risk of that. Editors are an issue people feel strong about. But I
doubt anyone really cares that much about gawk/awk. And regarding
compilers, what options are there? I don't know any other C compiler that
can compile all the GNU packages without problems.

MSB

p.s.:

I have serious mail server problems at the moment. The first paragraph of
every message I receive gets cropped. Does that also apply to outgoing
mail? Do you see the "1" in the 1st line of this message?

----
The real art of conversation
is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org