Emacs Install (Was Re: BUGTRAQ alert - [SECURITY] [DSA-001-1] ed symlink attack)

Joe Weidenbach weidenbach at web-weaver.net
Wed Nov 29 18:13:12 PST 2000

> guys, give some suggestions including install. instructions (so I don't
> have to figure them out ;) and I'll see what looks best in the book.

Here you go for emacs (intel, at least):

unpack emacs source
unpack leim source in same directory
(both are available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/)

../configure <i686>-<lfs>-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --with-gcc &&
make &&
make install &&

note: <i686> and <lfs> can be switched to your system type and a name you
prefer, respectively. (e.g. i386-bob-linux-gnu)

I personally don't use emacs, but I know that many people do, so I thought
I'd get the instructions done up.  The Packages for emacs and leim take up
about 18 megs (gzipped) and there's also an international fonts package that
is highly recommended.

SCDrumline

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org