mailinglists ...

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Wed Nov 29 19:14:40 PST 2000

Tijmen Stam wrote:

> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> <....>
>
> But I didn't realise the uglyness of the [lfs-discuss]... It's really ugly indeed.

It's also (IMO) easier to use. Pretty surroundings, or getting
things done?

> Of course, there's one completely independent thing we can filter on, being:
>
> > --
>
> the unsubsrcibe tag...
>
> But I don't know if all progs can filter on a part of the mesage body...

Which, to me, is not the question. If you have a decent mail client,
you can filter this list. Whether you filter on a header or the body
or have a complex AI examine the entire post in the context of your
current mailbox, you can do it.

To me, the question is, "can i filter this list like all the rest,
or do i have to discover something special?" And the answer is,
"without subject tags, i have to discover something special."

cheers,
sklein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/