BUGTRAQ alert - [SECURITY] [DSA-001-1] ed symlink attack

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Nov 29 21:52:07 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 07:06:50PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Listing alternative choices is a good idea in itself. But if you start with
> listing alternatives for an editor you end up listing alternatives for
> compilers too. And gawk/awk. And I'm sure there are more of such packages
> that can be used instead of something that's used now. I wonder how many of
> such alternatives there are. If not too many I wouldn't mind listing them in
> the book. It wouldn't hurt no.

*puts in his CND0.02$*

Just a small suggestion, keep vim as the default.

But...just be carefull how you list the other editors (that is, if you
are going to :), ones you list one...everyone's going to want to add
there favorite editor.

I would prefer to see LFS just list one editor, then end up having ~5+

Yes, LFS is about choice...but you have to be carefull how you go about
doing that ;)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org