[OT] Roggenfloggen - nerdfood-HOWTO

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Thu Nov 30 07:16:03 PST 2000

(Sorry, Erika! It's a matter of higher social philosophy and it's
_important_)

Why change the term? Let the world change, they will. Nerd might lead to a
false image in the people's heads, but never mind. It'll change. You
remember some time ago everybody wanted to be "cool"? Nowadays, people who
are cool don't mention it. They even state they're uncool. To be cool
starts to mean "be arrogant" (at least here, where I live). We (linux
users, more or less skilled) kinda adopted the term "nerd", so let's stick
to it. Be proud to be a nerd and be proud to disappoint people around you
in their strange expectaions about "nerds" :)

To put it more clear: call yourself nerd and act like you're not one (at
least not a dictionary-like nerd).

best regards,
florin.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> (btw, next post, if this discussion keeps going forward, lets move this
> to lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch, i know Gerard is starting to push towards
> actually using the right mailing list :)
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:06:27AM +0200, Thinus Pollard wrote:
> > DIE!!! NERDS DIE!!!! LONG LIVE THE GEEK!!!!!
>
> Wanna elaborate..? I've always though of a Geek, that knows enough to get
> around, but doesn't really _know_ what he's doing, while a Nerd _knows_
> exactly what he's doing... :)
>
> *waits for Bryan to jump in any moment with a Nerkian statement*
>
> -

[...] try this new version instead, which many people believe to
      be the perfect compromise between new and old bugs. :)

	-- announce of ircII 2.9 "roof"

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org