LFS editor of choice should be vi

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Nov 30 09:37:54 PST 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 06:23:24PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I consider fairness to be very important. And giving vim special treatment
> is not fair, it's advocacy. And advocacy is evil (and unprofessional).

Agreed, but like all things in life, you have to find the balance.

Picking the lesser of the evils (if you call it such) is not always a
bad thing, nor unprofessional.

So what do you want included in the book? pico? nano? jed? emacs? joe?

It's all of them, or one... what is more professional having ~5 options
or one that is supported well? (with, the given options of easily using
a different one, simple as that)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org