mail archives slow

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 30 09:39:42 PST 2000

> The mailing lists archives are only updated every 12 hours, other then
> that, no post should be lost.

I've changed that since early this morning. I noticed rebuilding the
databases is starting to take over 2 hours now so I'm making the delays
between two updates longer as to lighten the load a bit. I'm looking
into building the database on my own system and scp it to shadowfax.
That way the databases can be rebuild every 30 minutes (provided
building on my own system is quicker). But it still won't achive
real-time unless we stop using HTML versions of the mailinglist archives
but just a bunch of txt files extracted from the mbox files. Still, it
has to be done through a cronjob so there will always be a delay of
minimum (the amount it takes to build the archive *2 or *3 (don't want
to constantly have the computer rebuild databases. That would be a good
way to crank up the load though but not something I want to let happen)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org