mail archives slow

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 30 09:57:23 PST 2000

> Yes, i also have started to notice that (very annoying) hopefull you can
> find a better solution soon...
> btw, quasar with all her power is always open to a little more work, too

If it was that easy I wuld have used my own system a long time ago
already. The problem is: htdig uses http to compose the search database.
If I do it on my own system it wil have to pull all the files from
linuxfromscratch.org (if I say use my own harddisk the URL's that it
writes will be wrong) which will slow it down. Sure it are small files
but there's still that delay over a link. I doubt that it will be much
faster than when linuxfromscratch.org does it by itself. But I will have
to try it again and see what the options are.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org