LFS editor of choice should be vi

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Thu Nov 30 09:58:53 PST 2000

> I consider fairness to be very important. And giving vim
> special treatment
> is not fair, it's advocacy. And advocacy is evil (and unprofessional).

If I can add my $0.02 here...

If Gerald had decided to use a different text editor in LFS, I'm pretty sure
we'd have thread going on right now asking why vim isn't mentioned in LFS.
It's like the saying - "You can please most of the people some of the time,
or some of the people most of the time, but not all the people all the
time."

PS - Why is advocacy evil?  True, if it gets taken too far it can turn
nasty, but otherwise it seems to be a regular everyday thing, IMHO.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org