LFS editor of choice should be vi

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Thu Nov 30 10:51:41 PST 2000

> > I don't want to see ~5+ editors in LFS, i don't mind seeing a pointer in
> > the book to another source that desscribes the process of installing
> > your favorite editor nor telling the user that you can use any editor (i
> > encourage that),
>
> I consider fairness to be very important. And giving vim special treatment
> is not fair, it's advocacy. And advocacy is evil (and unprofessional).

No need to get emotional. If one or two people install vim cause they find
it too troublesome to look into the hints, let them. What is it to you?

Ask yourself one question? if it was your favorite editor which was listed in
the Book would you react equally?

I belive that a reference to the Instructions (especially because most
editors installation is as easy as ./configure && make && make install) does
satisfy our needs for "fairness" (if you realy want to pull a technical
manual down to the level of ethics )

No offence intended

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org