BUGTRAQ alert - [SECURITY] [DSA-001-1] ed symlink attack

Chris Gianelloni twi at faradic.net
Thu Nov 30 14:41:41 PST 2000

> You should at least have a comment that says something like, "You can
> replace vim with whatever editor you choose.  If you are unsure, install
> vim and replace it later if you decide to, to ensure that you have a
> working editor for your new LFS system."

That's a great idea... I just found that I got tired of vim being mean
to me when I was in chroot from an X session.  I ended up just using
another editor, which would work without me having to change my TERM
environment variable every time.  (I didn't want it in the .bashrc).  A
simple statement such as above would be nice.  I don't think it would
cause much confusion, either, as it states what to do if unsure... heh.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org