LFS editor of choice should be vi

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 30 15:29:14 PST 2000

> > Anyone else want to speak up on this? Gerard does have the final say
> > anyways, so it's really up to him (for better or worse) but he always
> > listens to the LFS Community, speak up if i were you... ;)
>
> OK.
>
> i suggest to make a different book for every editor, for instance:
>
> the lfs-book-with-vim
> the lfs-book-with-vi
> the lfs-book-with-pico
> the lfs-book-with-emacs
> the lfs-book-with-joe
> the lfs-book-with-ed
> the lfs-book-with-elvis
> the lfs-book-with-jim(or john?)
> the lfs-book-with-move-the-file-to-floppy-and-edit-it-with-microsoft-word-on-
> another-computer
> the lfs-book-with-print-the-file-edit-it-with-typewriter-and-whiteout-scan-it-
> and-use-ocr-software

I like this idea. It reminds me of the zip picker at the DJGPP site. You
have a form where you answer certain questions regarding your preferences
and it spits out links to the packages you need to download. Combined with
a customized LFS book autogenerated from the SGML source based on your
choices, that would make a really nifty feature. And the book could
personally address you if you enter your name in the form. That would be a
great way to emphasize the individuality of LFS.

MSB

p.s.: No, this was not intended as a joke. I really like that idea.

----
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org