LFS editor of choice should be vi

eriddle at linuxcare.com eriddle at linuxcare.com
Thu Nov 30 15:31:35 PST 2000

Just take 'em all out.
Real LFS'ers only use echo and cat anyway ;-)

Quoting Seth Payne on Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:06:48PM -0700 :
> Ok, this is just purely silly.  If you want to use pico use pico!  For
> heaven sakes its a freakin text editor!!!  Besides, Gerard has already
> spoken and its his damn project.  If its that important to you start your
> own LFS project which is text-editor independent.

--snip--

> > So what do you want included in the book? pico? nano? jed? emacs? joe?
> >

> If you're talking about fair, it's all of them or none. I'd suggest one of
> the following options:
--snip--

Just a little fun :)

By the time I got everything going (not necessarily working), I knew very
well how to install my favorite editor (vim).  I also installed emacs without
any problems.

After all that compiling, what can't we do?

Cheers all, and don't forget to have fun!
Ed

--
Ed Riddle, Linuxcare, Inc.
Office: 415.354.4229, FAX 415.701.7457